[Terrapreta] Global Warming Is Not Settled Science

David Yarrow dyarrow at nycap.rr.com
Sat Nov 10 16:11:46 EST 2007

my mind follows a far different line of logic.

increasingly, exponentially, for many centuries, industrial society
destroyed natural systems, converted "resources" into commodities, cash and
trash, and blindly, thoughtlessly, recklessly, used the air and water as
endless dumping grounds for man's wastes and chaos, and nature as an endless
source of whatever we want.

in the second half of the 20th century the consequences and chemicals of
man's disruptive and destructive activities and industries accumlated to
dangerous levels and became evident, and so remedial and restrictive actions
were made to eliminate the immediate smaller signs of short-term trouble
without addressing the system-wide impact of human activity.

in the last quarter of the 20th century, science began to develop
rudimentary technologies, tools and methods to evaluate system-wide
disturbances of  the planetary biosphere, but early efforts underestimated
the fragility and coherence of the biosphere.

in the beginning of the 21st century, society had to undergo major
transformation and restructuring for its institutions to be guided by
science and reason rather than money and power -- and to adopt a covenant
with nature to respect and care for all life as part of a seamless, unitary,
coherent web.

ultimately, this is not about a new technology.  we are confronting our
urgent need  for reason, compassion and morality.  in quantitative measures,
the biting issue of our age is less "what kind of energy will we have" than
"how much is enough?"

David Yarrow
"If yer not forest, yer against us."
Turtle EyeLand Sanctuary
44 Gilligan Road, East Greenbush, NY 12061
dyarrow at nycap.rr.com
www.championtrees.org
www.OnondagaLakePeaceFestival.org
www.citizenre.com/dyarrow/
www.farmandfood.org
www.SeaAgri.com

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light."
-Albus Dumbledore