[Terrapreta] heat energy: stoves vs. thermo biopiles

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Sat Nov 24 19:52:03 EST 2007

HHV and LHV isn't about the moisture in the fuel it's about the fuel. If you
took pure H2 and oxidized it, burned it, your end products would be heat
(energy) and H2O (water). Notice that this fuel is not biomass and has no
moisture in it from the get go.

The total heat (energy) from burning this fuel is the heat in the steam/water
plus the heat (energy) from the flame.

HHV = flame energy + steam energy

LHV = flame energy

I'm sure this is over simplified but kind of the idea.

Best wishes,

Jeff