[Terrapreta] Biofixation

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Fri Nov 30 11:35:33 EST 2007

Dear List members,

I've recently run across the terminology "biofixation". It's a nice general
term which could describe the terra preta process. A little Google searching
reveals it is primarily connected with the idea algae might be grown as a
fuel. I've read that some algae are very efficient at photosynthesis. I
wonder what kind of char they might make. Maybe some word play is possible
here to expand awareness of the terra preta concept.

Duane

<http://books.google.com/books?id=MfEuvLBn7hcC&pg=PA138&lpg=PA138&dq=biofixa
tion&source=web&ots=g8_HX2Zm3E&sig=lU4gcnI6XhX3HVwi6xuE45VZwy4> Journal of
Energy & Environmental Research, Vol. 1, No. 1 - Google Books Result

-
2. elicit interest in the proposed "Microalgae Biofixation Network".
Technical presentations were followed by plenary and breakout ...
books.google.com/books?isbn=1428917845...