[Terrapreta] Terra Preta - not just about charcoal in soil

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Mon Oct 1 14:59:47 EDT 2007

Hi Larry & Jon C. Frank,

Larry, you said some things in the last paragraph of your post ... highlighted below.  Jon, please look at this below ... Could this be what you are suggesting about charcoal causing a nitrogen deficiency?  Is it just a lack of nitrogen fertilizer in the unfertilized charcoal?  Is the charcoal eliminating nitrogen?  Is the charcoal preventing Actinobacteria from working to fix nitrogen?