[Terrapreta] (no subject)

naomi luckett naomiluckett at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 23:15:23 EDT 2007

 Dear Allan, Sean and all,
Yes, the Charcoalab team have skipped the boiological innoculation process
of Nova Terra Preta creation...
But that was not the aim of the kit...we have not intended to re-create TP
in the slightest...
the logistical nightmare of adding an amount of biological/organic nutrients
to the kit and trying to get that around the world...was not feasable...hell
we cant even send seeds!
We had to do what was most practical!
The project was never meant to hold any REAL research value...
It is an EDUCATIONAL tool..we are spreading the TP concept along with
educating kids about the carbon cycle, greenhouse effect, global warming and
climate change!
The kit was never designed for agronomists, mycologists, or backyard TP
enthusiasts!
It is for KIDS! We teach them that TP was NOT simply char and that char
alone can in some cases have a detrimental effect...simply putting char in
your soil (pot or otherwise) might not do anything...but at least they can
have a go...they get to learn in a kinesthetic manner about putting char and
carbon in the ground! even though in all our simple 'pot' trials we have had
good results. Even the most barren and depleted soils seem to benefit from
the addition of even just char! (and no soil is totally devoid of
organic/microbial content!)
The point is...we are not studying Terra preta...we are spreading the
message and teaching kids!

We safely leave the studying to those with the ability to accurately examine
soil under microscopes and in laboratories...with phd's and all the rest...
This is our contribution and at least we are doing something!
and something constructive at that!

We hope that it inspires adults (like teachers and parents and people who
read about it in the news) to go and check it out for themselves...

The Charcoalab Team