[Terrapreta] plastic "char" TP

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:47:33 EDT 2007

On 31/10/2007, jim mason <jimmason at whatiamupto.com> wrote:

> has anyone done any tests as to whether HC only plastics can be reduced to a
> char with relevant porosity for TP?
>
> i'm not even sure how well plastics will pyrolyze.  i would think the double
 Lots of things are being proposed for pyrolising at the moment eg
tires plastc, human waste. It is probably preferable to throwing it
all into the sea, at very least produces electricity and minimum toxic
gasses (better than a furnace say).
A couple of patent applications
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6881303.html
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4515659.html
and a Chinese paper on it
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:dmV5Jzpxy9MJ:www.netl.doe.gov/publications/proceedings/99/99korea/shchung.pdf+plastics+pyrolyze&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=au&client=firefox-a

As for their use in the soil that is for us to work out
the Amazonian Indian didn't have tires or plastic.
I suppose some bits of a tire were once tree sap?
MA