[Terrapreta] The Reason for Pottery Shards in Terra Preta. Re: Char and compost ( was Char made made under pressurized conditions? )

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 20:19:31 CDT 2008

I don't know that the pictures showing the pit the are from Bolivian flood plains - in deed, it's reported that they are of Terra Preta in the Amazon.

Consider that in the show " The Secret of El Dorado ", they mark known Terra Preta sites ( in the Amazon ), along all the rivers, *** which do flood *** during the rainy season.

While this may be natural work of nature, I find it very interesting that in the show most ( if not all ) of the sites that they mark, are right along the river - in areas I presume to be most susceptible to flooding.

It would be very interesting ( and perhaps more than a little educational ), to see Terra Preta sites marked on a short scale topographic maps.    Such should give indication of terrain build up or not.

Greg H.