[Terrapreta] The Science of Terra Preta Formation

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 13:11:49 CDT 2008

I have seen it ( and kept an eye on it since then ), as it parallels a idea that I have had for a while.

My thought is to combine the clay and woody material, in nuggets similar to what Sai Bhaskar Reddy has done, and then fire the result, making a low grade ceramic nugget, and causing the woody material to char at the same time, all in one step, rather than making the char and then combining it with clay.

I'm going to try this after my kiln/retort.

Greg H.