[Terrapreta] Terrapreta Digest, Vol 15, Issue 14

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 03:07:07 CDT 2008

> Can we make another dumpster the size of France in Amazonia that
> eventually becomes highly productive Terra Preta soils?

Hi Sean and All,

What we are trying to do I believe is to return the BIG dumpster to the
earth. If we can find a way to reconnect MUNICIPAL waste back to the earth
we will have shifted the a mass population from an extractive relationship
to reciprocity with the earth. In my view, this is the necessary shift.

OTOH, if we only shift technology to utilize AGRICULTURAL wastes for energy
production, we will be be doing more of the same extraction to support
cities  and the  "urban" separate-from-nature consciousness of the
industrial age. This can only create more scarcity and depletion -- such as
the already evident contraction of biofuel creating more hunger and
deforestation. Harnessed in this fashion, I do not believe that TP can
accomplish much. But if it is packaged into a waste management system that
recreates reciprocity, it could be the answer we are needing.