[Terrapreta] Earthen Kiln Conjecture

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 08:00:31 CDT 2008

Thank you Michael for mentioning this. It needs to be mentioned because
people often can't see the subtle (or not-so-subtle) biases of their culture
any more than a fish can be able to really see the water.

On the other hand, let's not turn it into a judgment (as so often happens
here). It may be that these cultural differences are parallel and
alternative realities. An arrogant  "modern" view that "primitives" are
stupid (or, for that matter, that farmers are stupid) is what has been
necessary to advance the industrial age agendas. THIS HAS BROUGHT CERTAIN
BENEFITS but it has also carried a huge and horrible price.

Perhaps we are now trying to re-balance? I often see biochar as an
ancient/future development. Oh, oh, there I go back to hoping for a both/and
solution. I guess that's my prejudice and my audacity.

hugs and blessings,

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets