[Terrapreta] Why Bother?

Kurt Treutlein rukurt at westnet.com.au
Mon Apr 21 10:55:54 CDT 2008

Kevin Chisholm wrote:
> Dear Lou
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if people could come to the TP List and find out
> how to make TP for their Garden?
They can. I've written about my experiments making charcoal from bamboo,
about a year ago. Have a look in the archives. I used  75 odd liter
galvanized iron rubbish bin and a length of galvanized iron downpipe to
make a simple TLUD type device that made quite nice charcoal. Shouls
still be in the archives.
Then I sold the farm I was living on and moved down here to Tasmania.
Since then settling into my new smaller properties has used up all my
time. But, winter is setting in and it's almost time to start making
charcoal for the spring planting. Then we'll see how things go here.

Of course, how people can go about making it, wherever they live will
depend largely on local rules and regulations as well. I'm lucky in that
we don't have ridiculous ones around here.

> Oh well. Other Lists will probably evolve and grow to fill this need.

Kurt