[Terrapreta] Lester Brown

Douglas Clayton dnclayton at wildblue.net
Tue Feb 26 12:43:38 CST 2008

Michael, Greg, Duane,

I apologize, I have lead you all astray!  The "doom and gloom" I was
speaking of was stuff I am feeling in my own heart in response to the
hard science perspective Lester Brown presents.  You obviously are not
familiar with his writings as he is all about finding solutions and
does learn and change over time and would be open to our biochar
entreaties.  Mr. Brown is relentlessly optimistic and thinks that once
the imminent danger posed by climate change is recognized we can mount
a WWII level mobilization to respond to the threat.

And World Watch and Earth Policy are not just Lester Brown.  There are
many open minded,  dedicated, incredibly sincere people working in
these organizations.  You have branded them most unfairly!

I think Richard Haard's comment is much more appropriate and useful.

"We need to educate people like Brown about this message to let them
know there are these changes in cultural practices we should be
advocating."

I am working on my letter to them.

Doug