[Terrapreta] Issued Patents and protesting same due to prior art.

Len Walde sigma at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 1 09:34:46 CST 2008

FW: [Terrapreta] Terrapreta Digest, Vol 11, Issue 71Hello Nikolaus and Happy New Year.

I refer you to the following U.S. Patent and Trade Mark Office site, which may be of interest:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/documents/2200_2202.htm#sect2202

in it you will find: "Any person at any time may cite to the Office in writing prior art consisting of patents or printed publications which that person believes to have a bearing on the patentability of any claim of a particular patent. If the person explains in writing the pertinency and manner of applying such prior art to at least one claim of the patent, the citation of such prior art and the explanation thereof will become a part of the official file of the patent. At the written request of the person citing the prior art, his or her identity will be excluded from the patent file and kept confidential."

By coincidence, we are considering beginning this process which may lead to the reexamination of a patent due the existence of prior art, created by an associate years ago.

Your situation is more pertinent in that there are so many more people interested in the technology to create charcoal for terrapreta related work.

Good luck,

Len Walde, P.E.