[Terrapreta] eprida char - organic?

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Mon Jan 14 16:01:02 CST 2008

I looked at an imported product from Japan earlier this year that is
essentially charcoal based. It is OMRI approved but I can't remember whether
it carried nutrients. I think it might have been a charcoal + bone charcoal
kind of mix.

Tom

SKB>Yes, that sounds about like what I heard from OMRI when I talked to them
about Organic Material SKB>certification in Minnesota.  They want to know
about materials and processes.

JF>I have talked to the Organic Growers Association and they wont touch any
product unless certified organic. To do JF>what I have started with my"new
product" will cost $690.00 for the OMRI and whatever the lab people will
charge. JF>OMRI don't do the testing. They give us a rule to follow, we &
Lab must follow their direction and make sure all the JF>t's are crossed an
i,s are dotted. This will take me up to 4 months IF I get samples into the
lab now. I only hope they JF>accept cow manure that is dried at 300C to kill
any pathogens. As mentioned earlier, raw, and pasteurized manures JF>are
labeled as restricted.