[Terrapreta] vascular elements

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Tue Jun 3 02:58:31 CDT 2008

Mark

If this image transmits (It is a clip from Ogawa's powerpoint at UGA)
it gives an idea of scale needed for fungal utilization. We are not
needing ultrasmall scale. Smaller cell structure is utilized by
bacteria as he has shown. Not sure what biological utilization there
could be at molecular scale as in these fullerene structures . His
presentation and other writings dwelled on utilization by mycorrhizial
fungi, Frankia, and AZotabacter as biological mechanism of charcoal
benefit in soil.