[Terrapreta] History on the climate aspects of the terrapreta list

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Thu Jun 5 09:34:36 CDT 2008

Good points Kevin!

The soil improvement aspects of TP need long term research - likely long
before commercial feasibility will be demonstrated. The agricultural
research stations in Canada have the general mandate to do that.

I had an article published in Alberta Oil where I introduced the TP concept
and sang in praise of this TP list. My - so far probably forlorn - hope was
that Alberta industry and agricultural  interests might catch on to the
concept and initiate some long term R&D to evaluate potential application to
remediation of lands adversely impacted by production of oil from the tar
sands.

http://www.computare.org/publications.htm

or

http://www.computare.org/Support%20documents/Publications/Soil%20from%20Oil/
Soil%20From%20Oil0001.pdf

I, I think like you, would like to see more focus on the soil improvement
aspect of TP on the list. If anyone actually read my article and tuned into
the list, they would likely be turned off by all the rhetoric on CO2 induced
warming. There is plenty of inane promotional oratory in the daily media on
CO2 induced GW and potential solutions. I think it is counter productive to
pay a lot of attention to it here.

Duane