[Terrapreta] Selling Terra Preta

Robert Klein arclein at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 00:35:33 CDT 2008

Hi All

Many will likely wish to dispute this and I am sure that there are also multiple related pathways of importance but I think that we can say and sustain the following position:

Biochar and its related products are all sources of elemental carbon that act as powerful binders to free ions, thereby preventing their removal by ground water but not preventing their uptake by biological agencies.

No other nutrient system is able to do this resulting in chronic deleterious effects from natural leaching.

It is possible that this protocol is also successful in sequestering toxins in such a way as to prevent significant  problems.  This may permit direct measured  blending with  problematic   media such as sludge or good effect.  All this requires detailed study.

Since modern agriculture is using chemical nutrification to maintain modern yields and that this is  causing damage because of  the excess  been leached out, it is critical that this protocol be applied to all agriculture were chemicals are used leading to a sharp reduction in input costs.

Much as we all hate industrial methods, it will be necessary to use industrial methods to have any hope to alter the trajectory of the chemical industry, who can become our best ally.

regards

arclein