[Terrapreta] Puzzle

MFH mfh01 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 15 10:38:09 CDT 2008

Herewith photo of some char that's been afloat for 3 weeks, despite adding
some pee and a teaspoon of detergent.  Today I added a tablespoon of
molasses to see if that helps during the next week.

See http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/hendersonfloatchar

If it's so difficult to "wet", then it's not going to be very effective in
the soil. However, it certainly is effective in the comparison vege beds I'm
trialling. So it's reasonable to assume that some processes occur after the
char is added to the soil which enables moisture and critter penetration.

Earlier in the week we had 11" of rain over 3 days. There's no evidence that
any char floated out of the trial beds.

The second and third photos show young cabbages - first in the bed with
char, next in the bed without char.

Max H