[Terrapreta] What is so bad about global warming?

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 04:10:52 CDT 2008

Amen!

And it's important to note the exponential way the process has accelerated.
For example, half of the remaining natural forests on earth were lost during
the the last half of the 20th Century and some current models suggest that
half of the Amazon forest will be gone in the next 20 years.

Surely this forum is a good place to talk about such things.

I understand the core issue of soil productivity but general consciousness
simply does not intuitively "get it" for dirt in the same way that they do
for air.
The linkage between the carbon cycle and global warming is precisely the
thing that has propelled Terra Preta do Indgio into the spotlight of
awareness. And this IS the education that will reconnect the broken linkage
between what is above and what is below. It's a linkage that is intuitively
understood in most indigenous cultures and largely ignored in the Industrial
Age. We are now attempting to heal this wound. And that is why we must
discuss global warming and its causes.

http://lougold.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/visionshare/sets/