[Terrapreta] What is so bad about global warming?

Jim Joyner jimstoy at dtccom.net
Tue Mar 11 09:59:29 CDT 2008

I understand that terra preta is something of a focal point for a
discussion about many somewhat related things. But are we not getting a
little ahead of ourselves?

First, we don't even know for certain that we can create terra preta,
i.e., sequester carbon in the soil in some sort of very long term
beneficiality.

Second, and maybe more important, we don't know, even if we can create
terra preta or something near it, that it can be done economically.

Isn't it just a little early to be talking about the use of TP saving
the human species from itself? Isn't all this talk of stopping global
warming with TP just a kind wishful thinking, mental masterbation?

Seems to be we should be working on these two items. IF the answers work
out well, GW can take care of itself one way or the other.

Jim