[Terrapreta] Present and Future Benefits of TP

MMBTUPR at aol.com MMBTUPR at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 06:21:50 CDT 2008

               from          Lewis L Smith

As a veteran of Dr. Alexander's world-famous, five-year "energy cane/energy
grass" experiment, a longtime participant in this list and the son of a couple
who pioneered the raising of organic beef cattle for 30 years, I am concerned
that few experimenters [ and almost nobody in this List ] are defining the
different things that "terra preta" can mean and running traditional random-block
tests on standard experimental plots to study what the differences mean in
practice.

[ Thanks to those who post photos. These are really helpful to a lay person.
]

In particular, do we know now how the ancient Amazonians made their version
of terra preta ?

Of the materials which have been found in the abandoned fields, which ones
are essential ingredients and which ones are trash and other accidental deposits
?

Help !   What I know about agronomy is mostly what has "seeped in through the
pores".

Cordially.   ###

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the
video on AOL Home.