[Terrapreta] Char made made under pressurized conditions?

John G. Flottvik jovick at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 31 21:59:00 CDT 2008

Gerrit.

Haven't considered or tried it but I did put a sprinkler type nozzle inside
my charcoal holding bin which did cool the top layer of char a bit. Also had
a long water cooled angered chamber from the reactor to the char bin which
also cooled the charcoal. I think I can improve on this by making the whole
thing longer allowing for more cooling.

While demonstrating our portable pyrolysis unit in Wisconsin, Stephen Joseph
used snow to cool the charcoal we made. This was also in 45 Gal drums and
worked OK. Only a winter time with snow solution though.

On your last point, I'm not sure which would be best for soil treatment,
charcoal or active char. Perhaps someone can answer that for us.

Regards
John