[Terrapreta] Plant reaction to stress

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Mon May 12 11:14:57 CDT 2008

Hi Sean,

Actually plant communities do evolve toward mutuality. In my old Oregon
forests a serious disturbance like a stand-removing fire will be regenerated
first by a colonizing mono-crop of Douglas fir. Later, as a result of many
factors, it will diversify into a full-species-range of an old growth forest
whose resilience is based on lots of checks-and-balances and mutualities.
No, it's not anthropocentric altruism. It's something much more powerful and
natural -- a network of recycling sustainable life.

hugs,

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets