[Terrapreta] indigenous practices

Christoph Steiner csteiner at engr.uga.edu
Wed May 14 16:50:03 CDT 2008

Yet this is present day - how can you presume to know the motive of people who
> are long gone other that what their heirs are doing today?

I hope to understand the question right and the question is related to my work cited. I did not presume to know the motive and did not presume to know that the soil created in this settlement is Terra Preta. But if the soil looks like Terra Preta it is worth to take a closer look on its creation. If the soil has properties as Terra Preta I would call it Terra Preta Nova.

Christoph