[Terrapreta] Question

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Tue May 20 09:25:33 CDT 2008

The Amazon is about politics. The biggest concern for the Amazon this week
is the resignation of the Minister appointed to preserve it, Marina Silva.
Her replacement is reportedly pro-development.

See May 15 issues of the Times, Economist, etc. :

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080514/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_minister_resign

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/15/world/americas/15briefs-ENVIRONMENTA_BRF.h
tml?scp=1&sq=marina%20silva&st=cse

http://www.economist.com/world/la/displaystory.cfm?story_id=11376683
<http://www.economist.com/world/la/displaystory.cfm?story_id=11376683&CFID=6
233210&CFTOKEN=64066190> &CFID=6233210&CFTOKEN=64066190

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/05/20/america/LA-GEN-Brazil-Amazon.php

If I was in Brazil I would certainly become fluent in Portuguese and get
connected with people working with TP and the slash and char strategy in
areas where it can be useful.

Tom