[Terrapreta] a philosophy for TP conversation.

jim mason jimmason at whatiamupto.com
Sun May 25 13:11:09 CDT 2008

volume is as much an issue as topic.

if the high volume (number) posters do not self censure their volume,
the list becomes overwhelming and people stop reading.  then the rest
of us are left reading only the high volume posters, ad nauseum,
saying things we mostly already know they have to say.

this severely impoverishes a list.  quality of discussion declines.
quality members that cannot follow every microbe of discussion just
give up.

off topic complaints usually mean the volume of particular individuals
is too high, and someone is being nice trying to not single out the
offenders.

i am guilty of this sin on other lists and progressively try to
moderate myself (to varying success, of course).